jeudi 5 novembre 2009

Marbles reunited ?

"It's important to see the Elgin Marbles among other world-wide achievements displayed at the British Museum." (Valentine)

"The Elgin Marbles won't return to Athens because there are many tourists visiting the British Museum so they can learn greek history there." (Brenda)

"To my mind, the Elgin Marbles must stay in London because the British Museum is free and it's more convenient and cheaper for French people to go there." (Megan)

"I'm torn. The British Museum is still an attractive museum but the new Acropolis Museum could be the perfect place for the Marbles." (Manon)



"The fragments of the Elgin Marbles should return to Greece." (Alice)

"Greeks would like to reunite the Elgin Marbles in their new Acropolis Museum. Nowadays, Athens is a modern city with a new subway system or pedestrian zones. It's an attractive city for tourists." (Samuel)

"The Elgin Marbles are a part of the world cultural heritage and the greek history." (Julie)

"In my opinion, the Elgin Marbles must return to Greece because I think it will be more interesting to visit the new Acropolis Museum." (Derya)


10 commentaires:

  1. Clémence11/11/2009

    I agree with the Greeks because the Elgin Marbles are pieces of the Parthenon. It will be good to see all the pieces reunited.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Mathidle11/12/2009

    The Elgin Marbles are a part of the greek history. Moreover, The British stole the frieze. In my opinion, the British must return the Marbles to Greece

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Auriane10/21/2010

    I agree with the Greeks because the ELgin Marbles are part of the History of Greece. It is logical that the Elgin Marbles should be back in Greece

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Amandine10/23/2010

    I agree with Clémence and Auriane. To my mind the Elgin Marbles must turns in Greece since the Elgin Marbles is a important part of the History of Greece and it haven't his place in the British Museum.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Pauline10/27/2010

    I agree with Greek's position because the Elgin Marbles is their frise and it's a request of all people, regardless of nationality. Then, It's a world culture heritage. The ELgin Marbles their belong and is their history...

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. From my point of view, Greece is right to claim the return of the Elgin Marbles because it's a part of its history, a testimony from the past life. However, museums in England are free. Therefore more people could see them if they stayed in London...

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. I haven't a frank opinion. To my mind, the Elgin Marbles are part of the Greece's history and they are in the context if they return to their country of origin. However, the British museum is more visited than the Acropolis Museum and everybody can see these more easily. Then, I don't know...

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. To my mind, i agree with the Greek because The Elgin Marbles is at the origin of the marble Greek sculptures making partient of the Acropolis of Athens.
    I don't agree and I don't understand why this one were taken in Great Britain while they belong to the heritages Greek. We can say that the actions of Elgin remind the vandalism or the plunder...

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Chloé T11/03/2010

    I agree with the Greek because the Elgin Marbles is a part of the History of Athens and I don't understand and I disagree with the fact of keeping historic objects Athenian in England ! It's a real pity !

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. As far as I'm concerned the Elgin Marbles schould return to Athens because there are a part of the Greek History, and I don't understand why the British museum don't give them back...

    RépondreSupprimer